After hitting a creative wall over and over this last year, I’ve reached out to a good friend of the gallery, f.lee_art, to help me get my heavy metal underwear’ing heroes come back to life. We first chatted in September 2020 where I briefed her on the general idea and concept – round, potato-shaped comic characters who:
- Love Metal ✅
- Fart and piss a lot ✅
- And are super kawaii ✅
She started with a few rough sketches and poses that are more pliable; giving our heroes more flexibility in movement.
Concepts in Context
Next, I needed to come up with the contextual storyline that would be on-brand, relatable and relevant. The first go at it is iconic rock poses with a twist of tongue-in-cheek.
- Hendrix burning his guitar at Woodstock
- The cover of The Clash’s album “London Calling”
- Kurt Cobain smashing his Fender Stratocaster
- Pete Townshend’s iconic windmill
And more “brain dump”.
- Drummer drumming with buckets of sweat
- Bass player playing a bass fish with fishing rod
- Stoic serious very close up face
- Winnie the Pooh red shirt; no pants
- Old man Zorg wearing Fanny Pack
- Zorg with dreadlocks Korn style back to school with backpacks
- Zorg Metal with COVID-19 face mask
We’re almost there!
Here’s a little preview of the final product – and just a couple samples. We’re going live on Black Friday, Friday, November 27, 2020 with new merch and art prints. In 2021, we’ll have MORE Zorg Metal than you can handle. Stay tuned!